why should i take up pilates?
Pilates will bring you improved posture, flexibility & strength meaning less pain and stiffness, ensuring you feel and look younger even in your later years.
You’ll soon discover the life-changing benefits of better quality movement and less pain & stiffness through core control, strength and body awareness. No matter your age or fitness level, you can be your best yet with Pilates. Hate the gym? Get bored with weight machines and treadmills? Then you’ll probably love Pilates. It’s perfect for people who hate the gym but want to get more flexible and fit and also reduce stress.
fantastic for all ages and abilities
Incorporating Pilates into your life will improve your standing, sitting and walking posture. You’ll be able to do everyday movements better; have less trouble with back ache, knee or hip pain and be able to play with you grandchildren, children or dog with more agility & energy. Pilates improves your balance, reducing your chances of falling, improves your range of movement making you more flexible and less stiff & achy. It improves your core strength and your bone density by using our own body weight to create resistance and build strength. So you’ll be better equipped to protect your back and joints from injury, and existing pain can be significantly reduced or eradicated through practising Pilates.
Pilates is perfect for all ages and fitness levels as it’s a low-impact exercise meaning no pressure on joints. And every exercise can be adapted to suit and challenge every level of fitness and flexibility, from people with mobility restrictions, injuries, pre- and post-natal women, to athletes and weight trainers. We specialise in back and joint pain & injury and rehab.
benefits of practising pilates
1. Pilates trains the body to strengthen and stretch opposing muscles in the whole body to balance the body and correct posture, improving your self-esteem and confidence.
2. Pilates breathing and control of the breath more effectively oxygenate your blood and increases your energy levels.
3. Core control means better workouts, you’ll lift weights more effectively and be able to run better by supporting your torso, prevention of injury, improved balance, strong pelvic floor muscles which is increasingly important as we get older.
4. Your fitness level, flexibility, range of motion and balance will be better, preventing trips and falls.
5. A total mind, body connection workout, promoting improved concentration and relaxation.
6. Many people find their sleep quality improves & anxiety levels reduce when they take up Pilates.
check out our full class schedule